The application period for the LMU Amgen Scholars Programme 2020 is now open! The application period will end February 3rd, 2020 at 12:00 noon CET.
Application start: November 1st, 2019 at 12:00 noon CET
Application deadline (including reference letters): February 3rd, 2020 at 12:00 noon CET
Final notification of selection results will be sent by early April at the latest
Programme Dates: 3rd July - 9th September 2020
Amgen Scholars EU Symposium in Cambridge, UK: 5th - 9th September 2020
A few things to keep in mind before you proceed to the application:
You should begin by taking a look at our available faculty members (availability subject to change), and using the information and related links to get an idea about the different research topics and methods represented in the LMU Amgen Scholars Programme. At some point in your application, you will be asked to give a choice of two preferred research fields. This will help the evaluation team to coordinate optimal lab placements.
Please do not contact faculty members directly.
Eligible to apply for the Amgen Scholars Programme in Munich are undergraduate students who
- are registered at European colleges and universities,*
- have not completed their bachelor's or first degree prior to termination of the programme in September (this translates to still having coursework to complete for their bachelor or first degree after the programme end in September),**
- are interested in pursuing a PhD.
*Eligible students must be registered at a college or university in a country that participates in the Bologna Process. Currently these are:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
**Note for medical students: eligible applicants must have not started their clinical training prior to start of the programme in summer.
Lingua franca of all hosting labs, lectures, courses, and events is English. Therefore, a good command of English is required for participation in the programme. Language certificates are not mandatory. Candidates may be asked to demonstrate adequate English language skills in a telephone interview.
Required documents for the online application:
- CV (please be sure to list any lab skills you may have already acquired and your proficiency in them) - to be uploaded by applicant
- official academic transcript from your home university (remember that this may take up to 1 month to receive, so plan accordingly!) - to be uploaded by applicant (even for 1st year students who have no grades yet)
- statement of motivation form - mandatory form needs to be downloaded, filled out, and uploaded by applicant
- two completed forms for recommendation - mandatory form needs to be downloaded, filled out by referees and uploaded by the applicant. Your referee can add a letter to the form, but the form is mandatory. Should your referees want to send a confidential recommendation, please ask them to send it to email@example.com
Submission of your application:
Documents (CV, transcript, statement of motivation form, two forms for recommendation) must be submitted by completing the online application form, please be sure to have them prepared before starting. After you have completed all the necessary entries to your satisfaction, you will be asked to actively submit the application form. Only applicants who have submitted the online application form and all of the required documents listed above before the deadline will be considered for admission.
General questions regarding the programme may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications (including reference letters): 3rd February 2020 at 12:00 noon CET.
We look forward to receiving your application for the Amgen Scholars Programme at LMU Munich.